Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Corn Bread...Kind Of

So far in this experiment, some things are going well. I am definitely eating more/better, and that is an awesome thing. I have a bit more energy, and that makes playing with the babe easier. Somethings, though, I have realized were a bit...out of reach for being five months pregnant. Example: 2 hours of outside time a day-frankly, it wears me out so much that I end up spending the rest of the day, and most of the next on the couch. Getting up before the babe-not always feasible due to the previous sentence.

Anyway, this life experiment has lead to a bit of kitchen experimenting. I made corn bread...kind of, earlier this week, and it turned out delicious. The kick, I was craving corn bread and was missing some ingredients that I'd normally use. Can somebody say I was out of butter? Yeah...it is a sad day in this house when we run out of butter, and we were out for three days. Any way, this turned out more like a corn cake, and a bit less like corn bread. Also, sorry for a lack of a picture. I was super hungry at the time... So, here it goes:

Corn Bread?

makes a small loaf

Ingredients:
3-4 TBSP Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Corn Meal
1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 TBSP Baking Powder

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, pour into a 9x9 pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

Super easy, right? Not too shabby for not having any milk or sugar on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment