Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Balsamic Chicken Salad



There are many things in life that I believe we all should live by, and one of them is that the food we eat should make us happy. This morning I experimented a bit with our polenta, and was quite unhappy. It was so gross that I had to spit it out and was relieved that I had only experimented in a very small bowl. Balsamic vinegar is by far my number one most favorite of all the vinegars I've every had. It's good on almost anything, except in polenta. It just doesn't work. Instead of the sweetness of the corn or the balsamic, it was sour and bitter and entirely inedible. As I was sitting at the table enjoying my Parmesan polenta (seriously, this is 100 million times better), and mourning my failed experiment, I was reminded of a very successful experiment from earlier this week.

Food should make you happy. The thought of it should make your mouth water, and the taste should make you want to dance. Eating should be a pleasure, not in a gluttonous kind of way, but in such a way that fueling your body should be looked forward to. This experiment does just that. I only wish I had more chicken to make this again. Ladies and Gents, I present: Balsamic Chicken Salad.

Balsamic Chicken Salad

makes as much as you have chicken

Cooked chicken (I had baked garlic and herb chicken)
Mayo- if you use the kind without olive oil, you will want to add a bit.
Chopped Celery
Salt and Pepper
Rosemary
Dill
Oregano
Thyme
Balsamic Vinegar

I think that any chicken salad should be made to taste. As long as you have cooled cooked chicken, mix ingredients in a bowl until the taste and consistency is how you like it. I prefer chunky chicken salad, but the hubby likes it shredded. I prefer mine a bit on the wet side, and he likes it a bit more dry. When I'm making it for both of us to eat, we compromise and go for something a bit in between. It's really up to you. The combo of flavors is what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment